EARN A MASTER’S IN HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
Accelerate Your Career with our Top-Rated MSHSA Program!
The University of Wyoming is proud to offer a master’s in health services administration (MSHSA) Program through the School of Pharmacy. Our accredited MSHSA online program is intended for new or mid-career pharmacists or health professionals looking to advance their careers in the pharmaceutical and health care fields. Our 2-year, 30 credit, online curriculum is ranked 2nd in the country. You will learn from our faculty full of industry experts whose experience will prove valuable when applying their teachings to your career path. Our masters of the health services administration program will launch you into a world-class learning environment and develop the skills you need to be a leader in the healthcare industry.
Become a leader in the healthcare industry with our MSHSA program!
Our MSHSA program provides students with the essential knowledge and practical skills required for senior managerial and planning work in the healthcare sector. Our program’s objectives are to develop graduates who are:
- Knowledgeable about public health and the structure, organization, and financing of healthcare systems.
- Interested in a variety of critical topic areas in the healthcare industry.
- Competent in communications and analysis of information.
- Understanding of how finances impact decisions in the healthcare industry.
We ensure students are knowledgeable about society, law and ethics, and competent in qualitative and quantitative skills to better their overall understanding of the ever-changing industry. In order to receive a promotion in health services, you need an edge over the competition. Our degree on your resume can provide you the edge you need to stand out.
Health Services Administration Online Masters Degree Overview:
- Two year full-time or part-time MSHSA program. The program can be completed in as little as 5 semesters and extended for up to six years for added flexibility.
- Online classes allow for anyone in any geographic area to participate.
- Intensive real-world seminars that are completed in Laramie, Wyoming during your first and last semester.
- Students can begin the MSHSA degree program in the fall or spring semester.
- Non-thesis degree. It does require a final individual project coordinated between the student and academic advisor.
- Online course learning management system that delivers course content to students via computer. Some courses are synchronous and require weekly or bi-weekly evening live attendance using a virtual classroom program. Other classes are blended between synchronous and asynchronous delivery and do not require live virtual classroom attendance on a regular basis.
We Work Around Your Schedule
Our counselors work with you to tailor our health services administration graduate program to better meet your individual needs. Our flexible online program allows you to complete your schoolwork during convenient times in your schedule. We want to make sure you are learning what will be most relevant to your goals which is why you choose the program specialty that best fits your needs. If you want to take a course from one track, you can apply it to your selected track, further increasing your knowledge and skills. We also offer courses in blocks so you could only take one course at a time if needed. Our health services administration graduate program is highly conducive to a busy lifestyle; we work with you for easy and convenient education!
Join us for Fall 2022 and start your journey in higher education today! The application deadline for admission in the upcoming academic calendar is August 8th, 2022!
We want everyone to have the opportunity to be a part of our master’s in health services administration program. In order to join you must have obtained either a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree (PharmD, RN, NP, PT, OT, PA, MD, JD, etc.) in any field with an upper-division GPA of 3.0 or better. However, applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 will be considered based on experience and commitment to graduate study. We can’t wait for you to apply!
When applying, you must submit:
- A transcript showing a qualifying degree from an accredited academic institution
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- A personal statement outlining your experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare field
- $50 application fee
Low Cost, High-Quality Education!
Not only are we a highly ranked master’s in health services administration online program, but we are also one of the most affordable! At the University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy, we are able to offer incredible tuition cost savings to allow you to achieve your goals without breaking the bank. Students in the master’s of health services administration online program will be eligible for in-state tuition if they are members of any national healthcare-based organization related to a specific profession, federal agency employees (including active-duty military), pharmacy residents, and other healthcare-related residents. Thanks to the scholarship opportunities and easy online format, you can be sure you are getting a top-notch education at a low price in the comfort of your own home! At the University of Wyoming’s School of Pharmacy, we believe affordable schooling should be accessible for everyone, see how you can take advantage of our low price masters in health services administration program today!
Tuition (Fall 2022 & Spring 2023)
- Wyoming in-state tuition: $746 per credit hour
- Out-of-state tuition: $945 per credit hour
- $25 University of Wyoming fee per credit hour (no discounts apply)
- Financial aid available with application
A Peek at the MSHSA Program
A Typical Semester’s Coursework:
- Online, synchronous; 2 credits; 5 weeks
- Weekend seminar; 1 credit; residential in Laramie
- Online, synchronous; 3 credits; 7 weeks
Specialty tracks offered:
Please note that all courses and lists are subject to change.
All Students Select One Specialty Track –>
Health Institution Leadership Group Specialty Track (Pick one specialty below.)
- Health Institution Leadership
- Health Economics & Outcomes
- Health Quality & Outcomes
- Rural Healthcare Coordination
- Geriatric Care Systems
- Healthcare Entrepreneurism
- Healthcare Financing
- Health Information Technology
- Healthcare Writing and Reporting
Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Compliance Group Specialty Track (Pick one specialty below.)
- Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Compliance
- Healthcare Risk Management
- Forensic Pharmacy
- Healthcare Policy Analysis
- Biopharmaceutical Product Representation
- Clinical Research Administration
- Patient Safety Systems
- Healthcare Security Systems
- Healthcare Ethics & Equity
Current Syllabi and Graduate Catalog:
- Graduate Catalog
- Group and Specialty Track Course Listings
- PHCY 4670/5670: Medication Malpractice – Fall 2021
- PHCY 5040: Evolution of the American Healthcare System – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5041: HSA Research Methods – Summer 2021
- PHCY 5042: Statistics for Health Sciences vs Introduction to Statistics – Summer 2022
- PHCY 5043-40: Empirical Analysis for Health Services Administration – Fall 2021
- PHCY 5044: Preventing Fraud Waste and Abuse – Spring 2021
- PHCY 5045: HSA Applied Research – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5046: Health Services Administration Fall Seminar – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5141 Introduction to Health Economics and Outcomes – Spring 2021
- PHCY 5144: Patient-Reported Outcomes – Spring 2020
- PHCY 5148: Health Economics and Policy – Summer 2021
- PHCY 5160-47: Graduate Problems Course – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5210: Regulating Dangerous Drug Use – Spring 2022
- PHCY 5240: Pharmaceutical Homicide Prevention – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5241: Introduction to Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Compliance – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5242: The Food and Drug Administration – Spring 2022
- PHCY 5245: Medicare Medicaid & The Affordable Care Act – Fall 2021
- PHCY 5248: The Opioid Crisis – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5269: Healthcare Entrepreneurship and Innovation – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5341: Introduction to Healthcare Quality – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5342: Healthcare Risk Quality – Spring 2019
- PHCY 5343: Advanced Topics in Healthcare Quality – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5441: Introduction to Health Institution Leadership – Fall 2022
- PHCY 5442: Financial Planning for Health Institution Leaders – Spring 2022
- PHCY 5443: Human Capital Planning for Health Institution Leaders – Spring 2022
- PHCY 5444: Strategic Innovation in Healthcare – Spring 2022
- PHCY 5541: Introduction to Biopharmaceutical Marketing and Product Representation – Spring 2022
Ready to become a Leader in the Health Care Industry with a Master’s in Health Services Administration?
Master the next step in your career with the Health Services Administration program. Find the unmatched value in our online master’s degree. Invest in your future and become a leader in the healthcare industry today!