Master the Next Step in Your Career!
The University of Wyoming proudly offers a master’s in health services administration (MSHSA) program through the School of Pharmacy. Our accredited MSHSA online program is intended for new or mid-career professionals looking to advance their careers in healthcare fields. You will learn from our faculty of industry experts whose experience will prove valuable when applying their teachings to your career path. Our master’s of health services administration program will launch you into a world-class learning environment and develop the skills you need to be a leader in the healthcare industry.
Become a Leader in the Healthcare Industry with our MSHSA Program!
The MSHSA program provides students with the essential knowledge and practical skills required for senior managerial and planning work in the healthcare sector. Our program’s objectives are to develop graduates who are:
- Knowledgeable about public health and the structure, organization, and financing of healthcare systems.
- Interested in a variety of critical topic areas in the healthcare industry.
- Competent in communications and analysis of information.
- Understanding of how finances impact decisions in the healthcare industry.
We ensure students are knowledgeable about society, law, and ethics, and competent in qualitative and quantitative skills to better their overall understanding of the ever-changing industry. In order to receive a promotion in health services, you need an edge over the competition. Our degree on your resume can provide you with the edge you need to stand out.
Online Degree Overview:
- The two-year, part-time MSHSA program can be completed in as little as 5 semesters and extended for up to six years for added flexibility.
- Online classes allow anyone in the U.S. or Canada to participate.
- Immerse yourself into two intensive real-world seminars that are hosted in Laramie, Wyoming during your first and last semester of your learning.
- Students can begin the MSHSA degree program in the fall or spring semester.
- Non-thesis degree – it does require a final individual project coordinated between the student and the academic advisor.
- Utilize the online course learning management system that delivers course content to students via computer. Classes are delivered synchronously and asynchronously. Synchronous courses require live attendance in the evening for weekly or bi-weekly virtual classroom participation.
We Work Around Your Schedule
Our advisors work with you to tailor our health services administration graduate program to better meet your individual needs and goals. Our flexible online program allows you to complete your schoolwork during convenient times in your schedule. We want to ensure you are learning what will be most relevant to your goals which is why you choose the specialty track that best fits your interests. Our health services administration program is highly conducive to a busy lifestyle; we work with you for easy and convenient education!
Join us and start your journey in higher education today!
We want our master’s in health services administration program to be attainable to diverse students. To gain admission you must have obtained either a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree (PharmD, RN, NP, PT, OT, PA, MD, JD, etc.) in any field with an upper-division GPA of 3.0 or better. However, applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 will be considered based on experience and commitment to graduate study. We can’t wait for you to apply!
When applying, you must submit:
- A transcript showing a qualifying degree from an accredited academic institution
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- A personal statement outlining your experience or goals in the healthcare field
- $50 application fee
Low Cost, High-Quality Education!
At the University of Wyoming, we are able to offer incredible tuition cost savings to allow you to achieve your goals without breaking the bank. Students in the master’s of Health Services Administration online program will be eligible for in-state tuition if they are members of any national healthcare-based organization related to a specific profession, federal agency employees (including active-duty military), pharmacy residents, and other healthcare-related residents.
- Tuition and Fees page quickly shares details
- Cost of Attendance information is available for review.
- The UW Fee Book will offer details that include credit hour costs.
A Peek at the MSHSA Program
- Online, synchronous; 2 credits; 5 weeks
- Weekend seminar; 1 credit; residential in Laramie
- Online, synchronous; 3 credits; 7 weeks
Pick one specialty below:
- Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Compliance
- Healthcare Risk Management
- Forensic Pharmacy
- Healthcare Policy Analysis
- Biopharmaceutical Product Representation
- Clinical Research Administration
- Patient Safety Systems
- Healthcare Security Systems
- Healthcare Ethics & Equity
Pick one specialty below:
- Health Institution Leadership
- Health Economics & Outcomes
- Health Quality & Outcomes
- Rural Healthcare Coordination
- Geriatric Care Systems
- Healthcare Entrepreneurism
- Healthcare Financing
- Health Information Technology
- Healthcare Writing and Reporting
Ready to start?
Master the next step in your career! Find the unmatched value in our online master’s degree. Invest in your future and become a leader in the healthcare industry today!